1. Download and complete the Transfer from the Land Information System Tasmania (LIST).
2. Send the completed Transfer to the State Revenue Office to be noted for stamp duty.
If you are seeking an exemption of duty, for example, for a transfer being made pursuant to a binding Financial Agreement or for transfer of the matrimonial home, you may need to complete an exemption form and provide a copy of supporting documentation, such as your Financial Agreement or marriage certificate.
3. Lodge the following documents at the Land Information System Tasmania (LIST) once you have received the stamped Transfer from the State Revenue Office:-
- Transfer Form;
- Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (a form which is used to notify local council and service authorities of the change of name);
- Certificate of Title;
- Completed Lodgement Form;
- Discharge of Mortgage (if applicable).
For more information about application forms, fees and requirements of the Land Information System Tasmania (LIST), click here or telephone (03) 6233 2465
For more information about application forms, fees and requirements of the State Revenue Office, click here or telephone (03) 6233 3722
Links not working?
Please let us know if the links above are broken – We do our best but sometimes government departments move their information.
* This information is subject to change and is for your general information only. It is not to be constituted as legal advice. We cannot take any responsibility in regard to any transaction made.
For more detailed information, contact the Land Titles Office or Office of State Revenue in your state directly about their requirements, forms and fees when transferring land.