Making a Financial Agreement allows you to decide how to divide joint financial resources rather than having the court impose a decision for you.
Financial Agreements allow you to decide how to divide resources between yourselves which can reduce the financial and emotional strain of separating.
This De facto Separation Agreement Template kit provides the framework for a compliant property settlement contract that will save you hundreds and possibly thousands of dollars. Not to mention the wasted time and anxiety that comes with lengthy court proceedings.
This is the same type of agreement that a separating or divorced couple might use except it is applicable to both hetero and same-sex couples.
It’s been drafted to comply with section 90UD of the Family Law Act 1975. It provides all the guidance you need to create a legally binding, protective Settlement Agreement.
Your financial agreement kit includes a comprehensive manual that explains the law as it applies to this agreement. It will show you in simple terms how to thoroughly cover important legal requirements, and how to complete your agreement in detail. In addition, it contains alternative legal clauses and provisions you can use to personalise your agreement.
- The 90UD (Separation) Financial Agreement template
- a Comprehensive User’s Guide which answers most questions;
- access to the Exclusive Members area which takes you through the process step-by-step;
- Sample agreement – so you know what the completed agreement should look like;
- Sample clauses – help you to tailor the document to your own situation – just cut and paste!;
- a Bonus Will kit because you often need to update your Will after separation.
- Complimentary Separation Agreement assessment – we check your draft agreement to ensure it’s ready for the lawyers and the mandatory Legal Advice. This is how we save you thousands of dollars in legal fees.
- Access to fixed price Legal Advice so you can get your agreement certified without spending a fortune.
5 Easy Steps – Watch the Video
Get the Required Certificate of Advice at a low fixed rate
Important note: Under the Family Law Act this agreement is binding only when it is signed by both parties and contains a certificate confirming that each party has obtained independent legal advice prior to signing the agreement.
Our financial agreement review service is available as an option with this agreement.
Defacto Sep Agreement Kit for all states except WA Immediate Download
Defacto Sep Agreement Kit for Western Australia Immediate Download
Our fully secured ecommerce system allows you to purchase and download your 90UD De facto Separation Agreement Kit safely.
Sample Defacto Separation Agreement Document Excerpt
Remember – Reaching an amicable property settlement quickly about debts, assets
and maintenance offers the separating couple many advantages;
- You get to make your own choices
- You significantly reduce the financial and emotional costs of taking the matter to court
- You can ensure more open communication with your former partner increasing the likelihood of improved conflict resolution in the future
- Your ongoing relationship as parents, if you have children, is likely be more harmonious and you can quickly move toward making a new life without the stress of ongoing disputes.
Sitting down with your ex partner now to work out what your agreement needs to achieve, before you both run off to the lawyers, will save you considerable time, your lawyers time and your money. Furthermore you’ll minimise the risk of having a lawyer draft a one sided agreement that fails to reflect the needs of either party.