Solid Legal Protection Without the Expense

Call Us - 1800 608 088

Transferring property in Queensland (QLD)

1. Download and complete the the following forms from Titles Queensland.

2. Transfer duty, or stamp duty, is a tax that applies to a transfer of dutiable property. In Queensland, all land transfers must have a duty notation, even if no transfer duty is payable.

Generally, you must lodge your completed forms for stamping by the Queensland Revenue Office (QRO) within 30 days from the date they are signed.

You may be able to claim an exemption from transfer duty if the transfer being made gives effect to a court order or Financial Agreement made under sections 90, 90L or 90WA of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).

To claim an exemption, you will need to lodge the following with the QRO:-

  • Your completed Titles Queensland Form 1 and Form 24
  • A copy of the sealed court or Financial Agreement
  • A dutiable transaction statement (Form D2.2)
  • An identity annexure (for each non-Australian transferor and transferee)

3. Once your transfer has been stamped and returned to you by the QRO, you will need to lodge your forms with Titles Queensland for registration. This can be done in person, online or via post.

Depending on your circumstances, you may also need to pay a lodgement fee. You can calculate lodgement fees by using Titles Queensland’s fee calculator here.

More Information

For more information about application forms, fees and requirements , click here or telephone 07 3497 3479.

Links not working?

Please let us know if the links above are broken – We do our best but sometimes government departments move their information around and our links get broken.

* This information is subject to change and is for your general information only.  It is not to be constituted as legal advice.  We cannot take any responsibility in regard to any transaction made.

For more detailed information, contact the Land Titles Office or Revenue Office in your state or territory directly about their requirements, forms and fees when transferring land.