Solid Legal Protection Without the Expense

Call Us - 1800 608 088

Transferring property in New South Wales (NSW)

1. Download and complete the Transfer form from the Department of Land and Property Information website.

2. Send the completed Transfer to the Office of State Revenue (OSR) to be noted for stamp duty.

If you are seeking an exemption of duty, for example, for a transfer being made pursuant to a binding Financial Agreement or for transfer of the matrimonial home, you may need to complete an exemption form and provide a copy of supporting documentation, such as your Financial Agreement or marriage certificate.

3. Lodge the following documents at the Land and Property Information (LPI) once the stamped Transfer has been returned to you from the OSR:-

  • Transfer Form;
  • Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (a form which is used to notify local council and service authorities of the change of name);
  • Certificate of Title;
  • Fee;
  • Discharge of Mortgage (if applicable).

More Information

For more information about application forms, fees and requirements of the LPI, click here or telephone 1300 052 637.

For more information about application forms, fees and requirements of the Office of State Revenue, click here or telephone (02) 9689 6200.

Links not working?

Please let us know if the links above are broken – We do our best but sometimes government departments move their information around.

* This information is subject to change and is for your general information only.  It is not to be constituted as legal advice.  We cannot take any responsibility in regard to any transaction made.

For more detailed information, contact the Land Titles Office or Office of State Revenue in your state directly about their requirements, forms and fees when transferring land.