Solid Legal Protection Without the Expense

Call Us - 1800 608 088

Transferring property in the Australian Capital Territory

1. Download and complete the Transfer from the Office of Regulatory Services.

2. Send the completed Transfer to the Revenue Office to be noted for stamp duty.

If you are seeking an exemption of duty, for example, for a transfer being made pursuant to a binding Financial Agreement or for transfer of the matrimonial home, you may need to complete an exemption form and provide a copy of supporting documentation, such as your Financial Agreement or marriage certificate.

3. Lodge the following documents at Office of Regulatory Services once you have received the stamped Transfer from the Revenue Office:-

  • Transfer Form;
  • Certificate of Title;
  • Fee;
  • Discharge of Mortgage (if applicable).

More Information

For more information about application forms, fees and requirements telephone Access Canberra on 132281 or go to the following link to download the transfer form – it contains instructions on how to complete the transfer:

Links not working?

Please let us know if the links above are broken – We do our best but sometimes government departments move their information around.

* This information is subject to change and is for your general information only.  It is not to be constituted as legal advice.  We cannot take any responsibility in regard to any transaction made.

For more detailed information, contact the Land Titles Office or Office of State Revenue in your state directly about their requirements, forms and fees when transferring land.