Fair Work Australia have made a decision to increase minimum and award wages by 2.5% and this increase is effective in three stages depending upon the Award Group your employees fall into.
Group 1 – From 1 July 2021
Group 2 – From 1 September 2021
Group 3 – From 1 November 2021
- Pilots Award
- Cabin Crew Award
- Airline Ground Staff Award
- Airport Award
- Alpine Resorts Award
- Amusement Award
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Award
- Fitness Award
- Hair and Beauty Award
- Hospitality Award
- Live Performance Award
- Models Award
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award
- Nursery Award
- Racing Clubs Events Award
- Racing Ground Maintenance Award
- Registered Clubs Award
- Restaurant Award
- Sporting Organisations Award
- Travelling Shows Award
- Wine Award
If your employee is not on an award
If you are not covered by an award or agreement, then the new minimum wage will be $772.60 per week or $20.33 starting first full pay period after 1st July 2021.
What do you need to do as an employer?
This rate applies to all employees who aren’t covered by an award or agreement.
- For award based employees – the increase may be absorbed in the pay rate where it is in excess of the award rate and there is specific contractual agreement between an employer and employee to do so.
- For non award employees – the obligation is for employers to ensure that an employee is being paid more than the minimum wage rate for all their hours of work.
FWA is working to update their Pay Tools to reflect the Minimum Wage Changes
Employers should check the Fair Work Australia website (www.fwa.gov.au) for pay rate revisions to modern awards and ensure the appropriate increase is passed on in the first pay period after 1 July 2021.
See this page for updated Pay information.
If you would like to know more about minimum wages go here.
If you require a current 2021 Employment Contract please see RP Emery’s wide range of Fair Work Compliant Employment Agreements.