The ACT Government is considering a range of changes to the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 to achieve greater balance between the rights of landlords and tenants.
Broadly the changes will cover four areas
- Share House tenancies
- Improvement in rental housing stock
How can you get involved?
The government is seeking your input and the deadline is September 12 2014
- You can complete their survey.
- You can attend the Public Forums to learn more about the proposed changes. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 6207 0581
- Monday 1 September 2014 at 6pm at the Woden Southern Cross Club, Corinna Room 2
- Friday 5 September 2014 at 12.30pm at the Community Legal Hub, 21 Barry Drive, Turner
- Make a submission to the Review Team.
See this article in the Canberra Times – ACT government reviews rights of tenants and landlords